The Financial Analyst will have an important role in various corporate-wide financial activities including budgeting, modeling, forecasting and reporting to support decision making by senior management. This position reports to the Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis but will have direct contact and work collaboratively with the CFO, VP of Worldwide Sales and other Executives. They will monitor actual financial performance, compare to budget and/or forecast projections, analyze and interpret variances, prepare a variety of reports and provide recommendations in coordination with the business units and corporate function organizations. He or she will have the capability to own complex processes and the ability to positively contribute to the team environment of Corporate Finance.
- Support the annual budget and financial forecasting processes and identify areas to improve the effectiveness of financial planning activities, including timelines, tools and methods
- Support business decisions by tracking trends and metrics, and delivering insights on financial and business performance and actionable insights to executive team
- Provide analyses and insights to ensure continuous progress towards achieving financial and performance management metrics in support of corporate strategies
- Deliver analytical insight and ensure key business performance risk, issues, and opportunities are highlighted to management
- Support Finance’s mission of providing high-quality analytic support and challenging the way that the business thinks about financial performance and measurement
Skills and Competencies
- Strong analytical skills needed to synthesize large quantities of data, identify trends and drivers, and distill them into insightful analysis for senior management
- Ability to deep-dive into financial data, reconcile variances and develop qualitative explanations to concisely summarize the results of financial analysis
- Quick learner and problem solver who can deliver innovative ideas and approaches when faced with new issues or challenges
- Strict attention to detail and intensity around consistently delivering high quality outputs in a multi-tasking environment
- High degree of business acumen and ability to interface with executive management
- 3-5 years of progressive financial experience focused on providing budget, forecast and business analysis support within a global software company
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; MBA a plus
- Advanced proficiency MS Excel, PowerPoint. Strong systems acumen; Adaptive Insight, Sales Force, NetSuite, Tableau experience preferred.