Renewal Specialist / Customer Retention Manager
What You Will Be Doing:
As a member of our Sales team, you will drive customer retention across our office and residential channels through customer retention and loyalty activities. Be the customer’s champion - the architect who builds a bridge between what the customer wants, and the value we have to offer through an array of products to build customer loyalty.
In this role, you will lead and execute solutions on various opportunities related to the retention and renewal of customers. Within your role you will partner with our Product, Billing, Operations, and Pricing colleagues to develop strategies and execute changes to improve customer retention performance. You will provide thought leadership to our Operations, Billing, and Pricing teams and help determine the steps needed to address challenges. You will also play a key customer service role, including digging into escalated customer complaints and problems to drive effective change.
A day in the life of a Retention Manager looks like this:
What You Need for this Position:
- Manage and retain the 2020Spaces’s existing “office and residential” customer base by problem solving, deescalating customer issues and resolving account challenges.
- Remediate any at-risk accounts as well as identify new revenue generating opportunities within account base for account managers, when appropriate and relevant to contribute to revenue increases across organization.
- Retain the client base by proactively identifying needs and engaging the client with all renewal activities. This requires management of incoming and outgoing calls/requests.
- Work cross-functionally with various team members to mitigate the risk of cancellation or future disservice and serve as a point of contact for the customer.
- Help coordinate and then ensure consistency across the various teams in terms of renewal processes and handling customer interaction and escalations
- Advise on suggested remediation and next steps and/or work directly with the customer toward a resolution, if appropriate. Customer Retention Managers are expected to develop a complete and unbiased understanding of the account situation and work with the relevant teams to find a solution.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of 2020Spaces products and services, account and billing processes, various policies and procedures and points of escalation related to service delivery and product; work closely with these teams as needed for issue resolution.
- Forecast potential loss of revenue due to poor customer experience, competitive threat, missing functionality, or product limitations. And work with the Technology Project Managers on possible deliverables and future updates that might mitigate the non-renewals.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ideally 3-5 years of proven customer facing sales or retention experience in a SaaS environment, preferably within the design or manufacturing industry.
- Must display exceptional written and verbal communication skills, you will be interacting with various executive levels (both internally and externally) on a regular basis
- Articulate, organized, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to problem solve and multi-task in a dynamic, extremely fast-paced and ever-changing, entrepreneurial environment
- The ability to function independently while contributing to team initiatives. Must be self-motivated and able to see things from the both the ‘customer and corporate lens’.
- Ability to integrate knowledge across disciplines to include consultative selling, product demonstrations, negotiating contracts, operation/process flow, and understanding 2020Spaces internal processes. Prospecting not mandatory however, a plus.
- Comfortable learning, using and discussing elements of 2020Spaces technology and integrations
- Significant experience using sales automation products and web collaboration tools; Salesforce.com is highly preferred, Microsoft tools such as Teams, Outlook, Excel and Word.
When you commit to us—we commit to you. Our employees receive a comprehensive, full benefits package and competitive pay based on experience