ERP / Software Sales – IT industry
Reporting directly to the Sales Director, the Sales Manager is responsible for generating new business and building a solid sales pipeline in Germany, Switzerland and Benelux. With strong focus on the furniture industry and related manufacturing industries you will bring sales deals successful to close. Key focus in this role is to execute our “value-add-strategy”. You will also provide exceptional customer support within existing key accounts. 2020 is a leader in its space and uses cutting edge technology and design to inspire creativity among its users to create spaces for life.
Ideal candidates will be passionate and energetic and hold the same personal values as our key corporate ones: Be accountable for your commitments, decisions and actions, collaborate to achieve shared goals, act with integrity and respect and embrace change, improvement and learning.
The overall responsibility of the incumbent is to sell 2020 software. This includes all sales activities from acquiring new customers, building relationships and finally successfully closing deals with the customer.
Tasks in detail:
- Owning the opportunity within large accounts from inception to deal close, you will be responsible for deal strategy, customer interfacing and relationship building with C-Level contacts, crafting the proposal, pricing and ultimately the successful negotiations and deal completion with the customer.
- Sell solutions to large accounts in an assigned geographical area to achieve and exceed assigned revenue objectives.
- Sales Management, strategic account planning and execution within the assigned region.
- Provide sales presentations to existing as well as prospective customers to determine solution needs.
- Conduct follow-ups with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with solutions.
- Use CRM, maintain sales records and prepare sales reports and forecasts.
- Remain knowledgeable of our company's solutions to facilitate sales efforts.
- Serves as a liaison between customers and appropriate company departments to resolve customer issues.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Sales, ideally in selling production related software or investment goods
- Experience in the furniture industry and knowledge in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and/or MES (Manufacturing Execution System) would be a strong asset
- Ability to help develop and implement a business plan and generate accurate forecasts for the territory.
- Proven successful track record in closing large product sales opportunities.
- Ability to develop and maintain C- level relationships and lead strategic initiatives with customers.
- Experience with revenue/ quota responsibility in the area of vertical solution selling.
- Experience in the area of value-add software solutions for manufacturers.
- Outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills with executive level customers.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Regular travel required (60%+)
- BA/ BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong will to develop and take on further responsibilities.
- Language requirements: Fluent in German and English. Other languages would be considered an asset.