Who are we looking for?
Reporting to the Director Accounting Compliance and Reporting, we are looking for a leader who exemplifies our core values, vision, and mission. The Manager of Accounting Compliance position will require you to hone in on your problem-solving abilities, provide support to the Finance team through positivity and encouragement, and support the Finance team to meet and exceed performance goals. This position provides a unique opportunity to manage world-wide financial reporting and compliance working closely with the team in all aspects of this fast growing, global business.
The Manager of Accounting Compliance will be responsible for world-wide consolidation and Financial Reporting, Balance Cash & Cash Flow, Cash Management, responsible for accounting for M&A including PPA, audits of acquired entities, and consolidation of entities and with the Director of Accounting Compliance and Reporting, working closely with independent auditors and will also include the following components:
- Consolidation and reporting of world-wide Balance Sheet and Statements of Cash flow with appropriate analyses
- Timely and accurate preparation of audited F/S, comprehensive analyses of accounts & accounting treatments, & financial footnotes
- Work collaboratively with Director Accounting Compliance and Reporting on Technical accounting issues (IFRS, Goodwill, Intangible asset valuations, stock options accounting, acquisition, debt refinancing, international taxes including Canadian R&D tax credits, currency hedge arrangements)
- Responsible for monitoring changes in accounting standards, analyse and document the impacts on the operations, financial statements and implement the required changes.
- Perform yearly goodwill depreciation testing
- Assist with financial Due Diligence for potential acquisitions as requested
- Work collaboratively to integrate new companies to the group financial statements and make sure they meet IFRS
- Contract reviews for appropriate revenue recognition for multiple elements.
- Responsible for worldwide treasury and cash management by entity/region including debt covenants and preparation of all banking reporting.
- Working closely with Tax team, preparation of US and CAD tax provisions for financial statements.
- Work collaboratively with auditors to identify & resolve audit issues.
- Ensures that internal accounting policies and controls are complied with.
- Work with senior management to review of monthly financial statements by entity/region and perform Detailed financial analyses as needed.
- Other special projects supporting the business growth, as required.
Experience for Manager of Accounting Compliance
Why join our team?
5 years of relevant experience (in Big 4 public accounting and/or an International company).
In-depth understanding of IFRS.
Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines.
English and French required. Portuguese would be an asset.
Experience with NetSuite Oracle an asset.
- Fast growing company that promotes from within.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- An entrepreneurial culture.
- A true “open door” policy at all levels.