The Sales Operations Senior Manager is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization including management of our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools. Reporting to the Senior Director of Business Strategy and Systems, and significant interaction with Sales, Finance and Executive leadership; the incumbent works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization.
The Sales Operations Senior Manager works on functions essential to world-wide sales force productivity. These include optimizing sales tools (CRM), revenue planning, pipeline review, revenue projections, sales process optimization, [sales systems training], sales program implementation and sales reporting including Power BI dashboarding and sales achievement for purposes of calculating commissions.
Accountabilities and performance measures:
- Continuously improve Salesforce and Salesforce CPQ, working closely with field sales teams, Services, Marketing, Finance, Business Systems, Customer Success, and Human Resources. Monitors Sales compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data.
- Proactively identify, prioritize and facilitate opportunities for sales process improvements. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch.
- Assist sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Work to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Working with Sales, Professional/Content Services and Financial Planning, coordinate sales revenue forecasting used within the sales organization. Proactively monitor and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts.
- Develop meaningful Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and other reporting tools for the various Sales organizations. Ensure sales reports and other sales-related data and KPIs are provided to the sales organization. Coordinate with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Create reporting from various tools for measuring sales achievements versus targets for purposes of calculating commissions (calculations completed outside organization).
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with key management personnel.
- As CRM business owner provide requirements for system improvement and participate in user acceptance, testing and training.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Reports to the Senior Director of Business Strategy and Systems. As it relates to Salesforce.com; directs the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed, coordinating with the appropriate management-level supervisors.
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders, business systems, finance, human resources, sales management, and sales and support personnel.
- Experience managing sales automation and CRM system including coordination of implementation is mandatory. Well-versed in Salesforce.com a must.
- Five-eight years of relevant sales operations experience, in a business-to-business technology sales environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency managing and performing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Strong analytical (financial) background required.
- Strong communication skills to share their findings with others.
- Collaborative mindset with other departments is key in this role.
- Driven and self-starter who can be trusted to do meaningful work while thinking about the bigger picture and how sales teams can function more efficiently and effectively.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, required, MBA or other Masters a plus.